Cape Cod Oatmeal Cookies|
This forms a lovely brown topping with a little crunch.
Rich, but not cloying.|
- 375 ml Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 125 ml Brown Sugar
- 125 ml Granulated Sugar
- 115 grams Margarine, melted
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 100 ml Buttermilk*
- 450 ml Rolled Oats
- 250 ml Raisins
- 250 ml Chopped Nuts (optional)
- * or sour milk
- or milk + 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Mix in the sugar.
Pour the margarine and molasses over the dry mix and blend in well.
- Add other ingredients and mix till uniform.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° F. (Gas Mark 4) for around 12 minutes. They will only
be brown around the edges. Place on rack to cool. May be stored in tins,
but the exterior will lose its crunch.
- Makes about five dozen cookies.