- Cut the chicken into parts and place in water.
- Add all other ingredients except the dumplings and bring
to a rolling boil.
- Simmer for an hour (or longer).
These Dumplings are excellent, but a bit heavy for some
- Combine the dry ingredients of the dumplings and cut
in the margarine until the mix resembles coarse meal. Add the minimum amount
of milk required to bind the mix together.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on top of the simmering liquid
and cover for 20 minutes (don't peek!). A pressure cooker, without the
weight, is good for this because of the high dome of the lid.
Alternative: Make the dumplings
out of Bisquick, following the recipe on the box. These will be very light.